Camped at the Crossroads


Camped at the crossroads

No need to venture on 

I’ll wave at all the certaintists 

Because they don't stay long


My tent is pitched not knowing

How long I want to stay

Because I looked at all the paths 

And I just can’t pick a way


But if someone wants to visit

I’ll have them over for tea

And I’ll learn a little about them

And they’ll learn a little about me


Then maybe they’ll go on down 

The path that works for them

And I’ll stay at my camp and wonder

If I will ever leave and when


But as long as I'm camped at the crossroads

I will keep the tea on and wait

For others on the journey

Whether they travel on or stay


© Ruby Neumann




Poet's Note: Written March 1, 2023


Some poems I want to leave up for interpretation.  I don't have much to add to this one here.   I did find some additional thoughts that I shared on my Authentic Lent blog post today.