My Uncertainty

How do I say that I'm an atheist… 


BECAUSE


EVEN THOUGH I DON'T EMBRACE MOST 


OF WHAT THEISTS EMBRACE


I STILL CAN'T LET GO OF… 


MY UNCERTAINTY

© Ruby Neumann



Poet's Note:  It's May 21, 22 and this thought was in my head.  Sometimes it doesn't look like a poem.  Maybe it is just a thought, but not all poems are long drawn out lyrics.  Sometimes the smallest thought can be the greatest of poems.  

When I saw the picture it attracted me to what I was really trying to convey.  I can declare this message with the most peaceful, content and biggest smile there is.  I hold on to my doubts, not as a valued possession, but as a close friend.  I hug my uncertainty like it will be my companion for the rest of my life.  

I don't think I need to land anywhere.... on religion or on science.  Maybe it is like being suspended between the diving board and the water, but that is where I am and, right now, I'm okay with that.