Breath and Love


Creator of the Cosmos

 Nameless One

   Breath of the Universe

Somehow the Sun shines

  The Rain comes 

     And the Garden grows 

And I find gratitude 

  in the Core of my Being

Strength on my Journey

   Companion in my Struggles

Present in Wind

In the Birds

   In my Cats 

      In every Molecule of Nature

Not Above or Below

    but Around

       In and Through.

I don't ask that my Pain be removed

I don't ask that my Loss be returned

I don't ask for that which I haven't worked for

I don't ask

I only Breathe and Love and find You.  


© Ruby Neumann




Poet's Note: Written April 1, 2022


Today of all days I write this.  I wonder if I was the fool for understanding less than this.  For understanding a God as only a dude.  For embracing a God as a vending machine.  For thinking that as a human being, I am superior to the other organic lifeforms that contain all the presence of the Creator.


My choice of a bull thistle for this picture is one of an expression of unwanted torturous beauty.