Reticence



I understand 


the value of mining 


the gold in me


but what pure purpose is there


 to convince anyone else


 of that internal treasure


 If there is indeed


 worth on the inside


that which needs to be known 


by anyone but me


then


 let it ooze 


from the cracks of my fortress


in the oil of my character 


not from the hole 


in the middle of my face


© Ruby Neumann





Poet's Note: Written March 10, 2022.  This was just a thought in my head that needed a place outside my head to live.  So I turned it into a poem.    

Reticence, a restraint of sorts, is something that dwells beyond my ego.  I don't even know if I long for this as much as I think it is wise.  It makes sense to me that all humankind would mine to the depths of their own soul, and cease the pursuit of gathering a following for any cause.  

Oh that the only things that would ooze out of us is character wrapped in Love.