Who’s Angry When The Wind Blows?


Hard

   Strong

      Frightening 

         Destructive 

             Dark

I am blind not deaf 

       to the anger of the wind


I huddle In my house 

       In my bed

Waiting 

   For daylight


How do I sleep 

           when the anger 

     is all around me

Turning me to fear

             How do I sleep

Who do I blame


                      The Human

              The Divine

     The Earth


   Someone sent the wind

              Someone is angry

But who


I still can’t sleep

    But now the storm rages in my mind

© Ruby Neumann



Poet's Note:  I wrote this February 10, 2022... While the wind was outside... "being angry".  My phone was telling me the wind speed was around 35 Km/hr.  Maybe the wind is just another reminder of how little I am certain about.  Thus the question.  Maybe no one or nothing is angry.  Then why am I scared at night when it is storming outside.  I get scared when someone gets angry.   So maybe someone or something is angry when the wind blows.