Magpie

Magpie


Fly over me again

And let me see

I am not alone


Magpie


Black and White

Until you fly 

And then I can see 

Wings of  beauty 


Magpie


Sing a captivating song

A song of truth

For only the deaf and I will listen


Magpie


Sit with me 

Remind me

That the Divine is in everything


Magpie 


I will feed you

I will shelter you

You are safe with me


© Ruby Neumann



Poet's Note:  Written February 6, 2021.  More hot tub inspiration.  I think the Magpie is my spirit bird.  There is something about this bird that captivates me.  My animosity for this creature is in the past.   

"I now have the patience and the ears to hear you and to see you for the beauty you bring to me and all of nature around me.  Forgive me for the years I hated you.  Let me bathe in the love you give.  Let me find the Divine in you."