Why I love you


If I dived deep into my memories

Of the day we first did meet

I might be able to tell you

Why I found you all so sweet


So many beautiful women

Have crossed my journey's path

Some only for a moment in time

But some made sure their love would last


I don't know what I've done in life

To deserve such amazing love

The more wondrous women I meet

I find I can never have enough


Each family member, each friend of mine

You've all sung a different song 

Each melody you've played over time

Has been what I've needed all along


Each triumph and each tragedy

That I've had the grace to journey through

You have been there along side of me

And today, my gratitude's for you


Thank you so much, each one of you

For the woman you are to me

My love and joy would be locked away 

Had you not been the key


I don't know what tomorrow holds

But each day I have till then

Will be another day of blessing

Because you have been a friend



© Ruby Neumann




Poet's Note: Written February 11, 2021.  I was missing my girlfriends.  So I sent out an invite on Zoom to 30-40 female family members and friends for a forty minute get together on Zoom.  To compliment the poem, I created a collage with over sixty pictures that I have taken or had taken over the years with some of the beautiful women ( and girls) in my life.  Who I am and who I hope to become as I journey along in life has been, is and will be because of the precious women who have loved me and have given me the space to love them.  


Wow... 15 people showed up to my Zoom meeting.  And we went around the world in an hour.  We talked about so many adventures.  What a blessing!