Sculptor of the Snowflakes

To the Sculptor of the Snowflakes

And your creative energy

Felling frozen fragments of water

To rejuvenate me


Looking up into the morning sky

With no stars in sight to admire

I am left with these soft fluffy bits of ice

Wondering what they might inspire


No proof that they are anything

But gathered molecules of mist

Yet something in the way they come

Is the hope for which I've wished


The hope that there is more

Than just a randomness to life

That purpose and design

Might explain the day and night


I'm just an unconvinced skeptic

That wants more than happenstance

I want the very breath inside of me

To be more than cosmic chance


I may breathe my final breath one day

And still rest in the unknown

Yet I can go out with a smile on my face

Because of the hope you sculpted in the snow



© Ruby Neumann






Poet's note:


Painter of the Stars; Sculptor of the Snow… I think I am looking for a new label for the One I was raised to call "God".  Maybe  "God" isn't enough to define what I experience in my world now.  Maybe, the names I need to embrace are not the ones I have inherited from countless religious traditions, but from how the Divine is being revealed to me.  


And what can so threatening about that?   


What other revelations or "uncoverings" will I experience in my next visit to my hot tub?