Sarayu

Holy Spirit
Collector of my tears
Beautiful Wind

You sit there beside me
You smile at me 
Your laughter penetrates my brokenness
You listen as if hearing me for the first time

You are Creativity
The Breath of Life
His Spirit 

You dance for me 
Swaying in the evening of my soul
Showing me freedom

My direction
My guide
Giving me a place to find answers
Giving me an oasis to find myself

Gardener in the midst of my mess 
Creator of my healing 
You make my life beautiful
Take me with You 
Let me work in Your presence 
Teach me 
Open my eyes to understanding
Ask me questions
Help me discover 
And then
Straighten me out
Correct my faulty logic
Gently bring me to Your passion
Welcome me into Your conversation
I will sit with You in this garden
As You invite me into your wholeness
And You tell me I am
Perfectly in process

You are very persuasive
Very convincing 
I only wish I could keep up with you

Give me Your eyes
Let me see what You see
The Colour
The Light
The Movement of Your creation
But not only see
Let me be awashed in Your arrays
Of Forgiveness 
Of Healing

There You stand as I come
Bearing the most painful burden
I cannot stand in Your presence
I am weak and lost
You reach into my pit
Your gaze penetrating into my pain
Your gentle hand caresses me 

And then I hear the music
Flowing into the broken crevices of my soul
You take flowers
Flowers grown in the garden of my mess 
Giving fragrance to the death before me

Love me as I cry

Lead me to my healing
Back to the garden of my mess
Back to the place we prepared
We will bury the burdens 

Believe in me
Sing to me
Take my tears 
Pour them out in the soil of my sorrow
Stand with me now as we watch what grows there
The tree of life 
In the garden of my mess
In the garden of my heart

In this peaceful place
You promise to be with me forever
You remind me that who I am is important

You are I AM
Always was

© Ruby Neumann

(image taken from "The Shack" movie

Poet's Note: 

(Inspired from “The Shack”) 
written Feb 9, 2019

I had a idea to watch the Shack Movie and find some poetic inspiration from each of the characters... The first character I chose was Sarayu... The Holy Spirit.  She is my favourite, so I started with her and just started writing what I saw portrayed and how I felt that translate into my own relationship.  This isn't the first poem I wrote on Holy Spirit... Wind was also inspired by trying to capture a description on someone not easily describable.  I couldn't organize my thoughts into rhymes or meters... I just had to write and let the thoughts flow in what may seem chaos, but is called free verse for a reason.  How do I attempt to convey who Holy Spirit is to me in poetry chained by structure?  I couldn't with Wind and I couldn't with Sarayu.  If you haven't seen the Shack Movie or read the book... I will explain one thing.  Sarayu was the name for the Holy Spirit character that Paul Young chose, taken from a Hindi name for wind.