Painting on my heart

Time is passing 
Since you left me behind
Days turned to years
Moments to time

Photos of you
Adorn the walls of my home
I might fear that I’ll forget you 
Now that I am alone

I want those moments 
Those photos I took
To be alive again
Not dead portraits on a hook

I could take them all down
Strip my walls bare
But it won’t change much
You’d still be there

Even without the photographs
My life's adorned with your art
For every memory you ever gave me
Is a painting on my heart

© Ruby Neumann













Poet's Note:

Written February 22, 2019.  Today someone is looking at the photos on their wall and longing for those moments to be real again.  I am not the only one with photos all over my wall of the people I miss.  All around this planet are hearts aching for the faces they see in those photographs.  Can I see a little through their eyes today?