My Psalm 23


Lord, You are my journey’s Companion and Guide
You are the source of what I need
You walk with me in the beautiful fields of wild flowers
You take me to the river where I can sit and enjoy Your presence
You fill me with peace and Your unconditional Love
Even when I find myself covered in clouds of depression and hopelessness
You are still holding me through it all 
And showing me the way to higher ground
You are my strength and wisdom when I face opposition
When my resources run out, you keep filing up the reserves
It is You that gives me the will to get up in the morning
Your faithfulness, goodness and mercy 
Is there for me in abundant supply
I will never live this life without you 
And I look ahead to an eternity with You

© Ruby Neumann



Poet's Note:
January 2010 is when this inspiration made it to screen.  I figure if Eugene Peterson can be creative with Psalm 23, so can I.