Flowers

Flowers


I am invited into a beautiful space


An eruption of beauty and fragrance


When I was a child, I was invited to that space


To enjoy and to partake 


A communion of sorts with nature 


Now


That I am older


This beauty and fragrance


Is all I have to understand my beginning


I don't have the story anymore


I can't embrace the old narrative that tries to explain my existence


I only have this


In front of me 


This unexplainable magnificence 


That blooms in my presence


I breathe in


And I breathe out


How do I explain the fragrant breathe given me


Molecules of mystery that keep me alive in this moment


Please don't judge me


Please don't worry


I am trying to breathe with what I have before me


Flowers


© Ruby Neumann




Poet's Note:   Written June 11. 2022

I awoke this morning (June 12) feeling conflicted.  Why must I entertain feelings of inadequacy and defensiveness when all I really want to do is show the beauty that invites me into a different understanding of myself and the world I live in.  Why can't it just be simple.  

I want it to be simple.  I want to tell people.. 

"Go breathe in the fragrance that comes from the lilacs in the spring... enjoy the beauty.  Let that be your Sunday morning sermon.  Leave your building and go outside and find your connection to your Creator."  

This is it for me.  This is the invitation.