Naomi

Maybe 


I'm not the one to lose my tears 


Maybe


I am the one to say it's time


Maybe 


I'm the one that is right



Pain


How much do I bear


Life


When do I let go


Love


What if it's not strong enough to keep me here



How


Do I apologize to the ones I love


How 


Do I ease their pain


How 


Could I have done this to them 



Maybe


I didn't think about them


Maybe


I couldn't think about them


Maybe 


I just did it. 


© Ruby Neumann




Poet's Note: April 30,22 ... Naomi Judd's life ended.  I am sad today.  


"Today we sisters experienced a tragedy. We lost our beautiful mother to the disease of mental illness. We are shattered, We are navigating profound grief and know that as we loved her, she was loved by her public, We are in unknown territory." Ashley Judd


I don't blame Naomi.  How can I blame her?  I am sad, but I understand her.  


Who is Naomi to me... but a reminder of what is possible for me down the road.  There are others who are in pain.  There tears matter.  Their bleeding hearts matter... They are the ones who lost.  


Wynonna, Ashley, Larry... to name three who are in pain, trying to navigate life now without Naomi.  What moved me so much was that Naomi took her life the day before her and Wynonna would accept the honour of being inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame.  Wynonna and Ashley stood on the stage together as Wynonna accepted an honour that was to be shared with her mother.  


What will Mother's Day be like for Wynonna and Ashley.  My heart goes out to them both.  This was not the journey they signed up for.