Whisper in the Darkness

There’s a whisper in the darkness

That comes from my shattered soul

“I want to know You’re with me

That You still working to make me whole”


It’s that whisper like a flickering flame

In the wind that doesn’t go out

From the depths of my broken being

When I don’t have breath to shout


“If all I have is Your Love in me

And if that is all that I can see

Then surely that has to be enough

When You I can’t feel or hear”


I still doubt the whispers

That I once believed were You

But if You Are still who You said You Are

Then I can still hope that You are True


So I whisper again in the darkness

And not trust in the endless night

But hope for Your return to me

In the Awakening of Your Light


© Ruby Neumann





Poet's Note:  Written in October 2019.  I found myself in the most beautiful place in… well maybe not in the world, or even in Alberta… but when I am there… it is the most beautiful place.  


I wonder if posting this now almost a year later… am I any closer to a different revelation than I was back then.  Maybe, maybe not.  What I really grasp right now is that Love is still in me… and that is what matters and what fuels me.