EVERYTHING!



Four A M 

On the deck

In the twilight 

Of the morning


Surrounded 

By the gentle rain

Caressed and purified 

By each drop


Saying nothing

Feeling EVERYTHING! 


In a holy moment 

Me

And

You 


Intimate

The Earthly 

Almost naked

And the

Divine

Almost present 


Is this enough?

Is this real?

Is this everything?


YES


This is EVERYTHING!


© Ruby Neumann


© Ruby Neumann

POET'S NOTE: 


Written July 1, 2020... shortly after 4 AM


Yesterday, my mom told me that she prays that I will know I am a "Child of God".  And I ask myself.  Is that really enough?  I spend years in church and bible school and decades of wandering from denomination to denomination, searching for something… and all I need to be is a "Child of God"? 


Boy, the anger in me wants to rise up yell… 


"WHAT A DAMN WASTE OF TIME!" 


This morning… around 4 am, after a short soak in the hot tub… I stood on the deck in my bathing suit, in the rain, in the semi darkness of the hour, only light coming from two distant lamp posts.  There I stood, feeling free.  Feeling something… NO… as the poem says… Feeling EVERYTHING!!! 


Finally not restrained by a world of religious rules and expectations.  I don't need to have words.  Words are inadequate. Words are limited.  Words can no longer contain EVERYTHING!