OMA

Over now is my time with you, but I

Make the best of it

All my memories are all I have now


Once I had you near to me

My heart goes back to that place

A garden of beautiful flowers are there


Often I would wonder how you

Made such a beautiful place

All I could do was admire your handiwork 


Over here now, I have a garden

My flowers are my favourite 

A peony from you grows here


On the right side of the peony is

My other reminder of you

A magnificent array of bleeding hearts


Oma

My garden will never match yours

All I can do is remember you and yours and grow what I can


© Ruby Neumann


© Ruby Neumann

Poets Note: 


Written May 26, 2020.  


May 27 is my Oma's birthday, she was born 110 years ago.  If I could go back in time to any place, to any moment, right now, I think I would like to go back to Oma's garden.  She had such a beautiful flower garden.  I would walk around the pristinely marked paths, smell the aromas, and take in the visual array of colours.    


In my garden,  I have a peony plant that came from her. It's buds have not yet opened, but beside my peony, grow a beautiful array of pink bleeding hearts.  They are flowering for her birthday.  


The picture in this post has both flowers... the peony picture is from last year, the bleeding hearts picture is from today.