Metal Bird



Metal Bird 
I’m trusting you 
Metal Bird
With you, I’ll fly
With you, I will soar high in the clouds 
Metal Bird 
I have dreams I must fulfill 
I have life I need to live
Metal Bird
Take me home

Metal Bird 
With wings of great strength
A body so sleek
And eyes, stretched and scratched
Metal Bird
I will sleep with you
With you I will rest

Metal Bird 
Be careful 
Metal Bird 
Watch out! 
The angry arrow flies
Metal Bird 
If only you had wings of feathers and flesh 
You could have flown away
Away from the path of the angry arrow 
Metal Bird
You could have taken me home

Metal Bird
I’ll die with you today
Metal Bird 
And I’m not the only one 
That trusted you
That now rests with you
Oh Metal Bird
Please take me Home





Poet's Note: Written February 22, 2020 in honour of Ukrainian flight 752 that was shot down by an Iranian missile on January 8, 2020.  Today, at Edmonton City Hall.. people will gather again to remember their family and friends that died that day.  

What saddens me is,  that this could just have been another tragic news story that came and went, had it not been for one person.  So this poem is for my friend Pegah.