Love Is Who I Breathe For


 

 

I am staying alive for you, Love

I’m staying alive for you

Because of who you are to me 

It’s now what I must do


It would be easy to give up

It would be freeing to let go

But there you are still wanting me here

Still needing me at home


This world, this life, is hard to believe in

But you still believe in me

So how can I do much else right now

But what I need to do to still breathe 


Every breath I take is hard for me

But I will breathe them now for you

Because of who you are to me

It’s what I have to do


I’ve seen what pain looks like

In the eyes of those who’ve lost

How can I willingly let them grieve

It’s much too high of a cost


So I will breathe for you now 

I will stay alive for you 

As long as I can, as long as I’m able

It is what I hope to do


Hope is what I hang on to now

Hope and Faith and Love 

Love is what will change me

It has to be enough


So I will love and be loved

And I will start today

If Love is all I have left in me

Then Love will lead the way


Yes, Love is who I breathe for

Love is the breath in me 

I will go on, I will live on

For you Love, I will be


©️ Ruby Neumann


Written September 27, 2026