Awake in the Darkness


Awake in the Darkness
Listening 
Waiting 
To hear you speak
To know you’re real
To understand 
To believe 
That you are more than a religion 
More than a fantasy
More than what makes sense to me
I don’t hear you
I don’t feel you
I don’t know you’re real
I have only my hope left
As I lay awake
In the Darkness 




















Poets Note: 

Written early morning (2:33 am) . August 24,2019.  Wishing I had more poetry to define where I am on this journey.  But right now... most things seem vague.  I feel like I am losing my foundation.  I gave up labels, I don’t define myself, or maybe I am not knowing how to define myself.  What do I have to offer, if I can’t even define what I believe or where I am.  I only can see what I can’t let go of... but what do I have next to hold on to.  I have let go of so much, but now... not wanting to believe anyone, but listen to everyone.  What a strange place I’m in.