Ten Years

In the bright morning hour
As you lay there in your dreams
I wonder as I ponder
What ten years means

We started this journey
A little late in life
Both in our forties
When I became your wife

As I look back in time
Ten years for me is huge 
I haven’t had ten years anywhere
Like I’ve had ten years with you

I moved around so much in life
Home never lasted this long
You have given me a place
For ten years here to belong 

The journey has be rough at times
But what marriage rides with ease
It gives me strength to see the growth 
In our ring pics and wedding trees

Maybe ten years for some
Is just another date gone bye
But it really means something to me
A milestone I can’t deny

So I will remember today
And this poem will mark the place
And with my whole heart, I thank you and God
For ten years of Love and Grace

© Ruby Neumann


Poet's Note: 

Written March 28, 2019..  Our tenth wedding anniversary.